Collaboration with C. Bechstein
C. Bechstein have been one of Europe’s most important makers of grand and upright acoustic pianos for over 160 years. Their grand pianos have been the first choice for the world’s most famous composers and performing artists, from Franz Liszt to Bob Dylan. The samples used to create the GP-Series’ piano voices were taken from C. Bechstein’s world-renowned D282 Concert Grand Piano.
AiR Grand Sound Source
The AP 700 features the innovative new Air Grand Sound Source technology, which has meticulously sought after the sound and tone of three full concert grand pianos: Berlin, Hamburg, and Vienna. Each of the three notable sounds is recreated to show their original, traditional qualities, all from one versatile piano. The technology was developed in collaboration with C. Bechstein, which resulted in the developing of the Berlin Grand, which offers a balanced, elegant sound and clear, ringing tone that is ideal for playing impressionistic music.
With assistance from the Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II, the AP-700 gives a sound that is responsive for tone, pressure, and manages to emulate that of an acoustic grand piano. This means that the performer can play keystrokes in a wider variety of styles, and decide how delicately or intensely each note sounds depending on their personal preference. The Hammer Response simulates the differences in sound production timing according to the force with which a key is struck. It picks up subtle movements with the keystrokes, and delivers a sound that carefully reproduces the differences in timing from one register to another. The sounding timing consequently varies subtly, even when keys are struck with the same strength.
Lid Simulator and Hall Simulator
Drawing uncompromising likeness to an acoustic grand piano, the AP 700 reproduces different sounds depending upon the adjustments to the lid. Where an acoustic grand piano increases sustain and reverb with an open lid, the AP-700’s Lid Simulation correlates. Working in sequence with this is the Hall Simulator, which can reproduce the acoustic characteristics of concert halls in various sizes and styles. The speakers mean that the player can hear the same as an audience would from their seat, right from the playing position. This in turn produces endless possibilities to adapt the playing sound, and create a unique tone to each performer.
String Resonance and Damper Resonance
Acoustic pianos are renowned for having rich, full sound and tone, not only from the notes struck, but from their relationship with other notes’ harmonies. The AP 700’s String Resonance technology allows this blend of sounds to be recreated within a digital piano, thanks to a resonance simulator for each of the 88 keys. Furthermore, the String Resonance technology differentiates between the resonance from one key and that from a chord, concluding in a natural and full tonal quality. Alongside this is the Damper Resonance technology, which can acquire even the most subtle of foot pressure upon the damper pedal, and administer it accordingly to enhance the sound. This in turn leads to a digital piano with the depth, variety and organic expressiveness of an acoustic piano.
Five Year Warranty
This Casio product comes with a generous five year warranty. This protects your piano in parts and labour costs for any manufacturing fault. This is an ‘on-site’ warranty, so a registered technician will come to the piano’s residence for any repairs.
- Keyboard: 88-key, Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II, Simulated ebony and ivory keys
- Touch Response: 3 sensitivity levels, Off
- Sound Source: AiR Grand
- Maximum Polyphony: 256
- Tones: 26 built-in tones: BERLIN GRAND, BERLIN GRAND(MELLOW, BRIGHT), HAMBURG GRAND, HAMBURG GRAND (MELLOW, BRIGHT), VIENNA GRAND, VIENNA GRAND (MELLOW, BRIGHT), Grand Piano(Modern, Rock, Jazz), Elec Piano 1, Elec Piano 2, FM E. Piano, 60 s E. Piano, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, Strings 1, Strings 2, Pipe Organ, Jazz Organ, Elec Organ 1, Elec Organ 2, Acoustic Bass, Ride Bass
- Layer/Split: Layer / Split
- Digital Effects: Hall Simulator (6 types x 4 positions), chorus (4 types), brilliance (-3 to 0 to 3), DSP (built into some tones)
- Built-in Songs: 15 (Concert Play), 60 (Music Library) songs, 6 (Tone Demo)
- Song Expansion: 10 songs (max.) Up to approximately 90 KB/song
- Lesson Function: Part on/off (Lesson part: right hand/left hand)
- Metronome:Beats: 0 to 9 (Tempo range: quarter note = 20 to 255)
- [MIDI Recorder] 2 tracks x 1 song, approximately 5,000 notes maximum, real-time recording/playback
- [Audio Recording] Max. 99 songs, approximately 25 min/song (To USB flash drive, 44.1 kHz Stereo WAV format)
- Other Functions:
- 8 tone select buttons
- Duet function
- Octave shift: ±2 octaves
- Auto Power Off: Off after approx. 4 idle hours (default setting)
- Slide-type keyboard cover
- Key Transpose: 2 octaves (-12 to +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4 = 415.5 Hz - 440.0 Hz - 465.9 Hz
- 3 pedals (damper, soft, sostenuto)
- * damper = seamless operation
- Half Pedal Position (-2 0 2)
- MIDI: IN, OUT
- Speakers: 12 cm x 4, 5 cm x 2 (2-way 6 speakers)
- Amp Output: 30W + 30W
- Input/Output Terminals:
- Headphones (stereo standard jack) x 2
- LINE OUT (L/MONO, R), Standard jack
- LINE IN (L/MONO, R), Standard jack
- USB: type A, type B
- External power (24V DC) ?
- * USB cable (A-B type) required to use USB terminal for computer connection.
- Power Requirements: AC adaptor: AD-E24500LW
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 1,377 x 427 x 911mm (w/o music stand)
- Weight: 48.0kg
- Body Colour/Finish: Satin Black
- Included Accessories: Adjustable-height Piano Bench, AC adaptor (AD-E24500LW), Score Books(Concert Play/Music Library), Music Stand, Headphone Hook